Condition Based Risk Management (CBRM)
View our CBRM videoCondition Based Risk Management (CBRM) is a powerful process that enables companies to use current asset information, engineering knowledge and practical experience to predict future asset condition, performance and risk of failure for their network assets. Using CBRM will help you to:
- Make decisions based on actual condition of assets
- Predict future performance and potential for failure
- Improve network performance and reliability
- Plan strategic maintenance and replacement programmes
- Integrate decades of asset management experience
CBRM is designed for asset managers and asset management engineers who are responsible for most types of low-voltage, medium-voltage and high-voltage electrical assets. CBRM enhances the user’s ability to make more intelligence-based business decisions on both the day-to-day operation of their networks, and their long-term investment programmes.
The development of CBRM originated from two key drivers, which have increasingly become interlinked:
Condition-based asset management
In order to manage the renewal of ageing networks cost effectively, it is vital to define current asset condition and link this to current and future performance. This is achieved through:
- Effective, non-invasive condition assessment techniques
- Improved information management
- Systematic application of practical knowledge and experience of degradation, failure, condition assessment, effects of environment, duty, maintenance history etc,
The facility to quantify and manage risk is increasingly recognised as a primary business driver, both by electricity company managers and industry regulators. With 40 years at the forefront of the electricity industry, EA Technology has unrivalled experience of asset performance, degradation and risk of failure.
CBRM combines these two areas into a sophisticated methodology for factoring the risks and consequences of failure into condition-based asset management, making our latest CBRM solution an extremely powerful asset management system.