Reporting to: AIM Delivery & Support / Development Manager
Work arrangement: Permanent / Full-time
In this role you will be responsible for developing, configuring, releasing and Supporting Asset Investment Management (AIM) Models based in a SQL environment.
In high-performing businesses, accurate information is paramount. EA Technology’s analytic models for electricity networks give the asset investment information our clients need at their fingertips. The AIM team at EA Technology is looking for a new team members to work on AIM model development, configuration, release and support areas using our software led solutions.
You will work in the multi-disciplined product development and delivery team using a variety of technologies. You will also undertake client work to implement our applications alongside our clients.
Overview of Main Responsibilities:
- Asset Investment Management (AIM) model development, configuration, release and support.
- SQL Server development and support, including script writing, data fixes and database processes
- Report and communicate on progress to the team leads and project managers
- Liaise with customers and other departments of EA Technology to understand requirements and issues during both pre and post model delivery
- Data interrogation to answer specific queries or extract specific subsets of data as required.
- Drive continuous improvement across the AIM product through opportunity identification, sharing best practice and learning. As we continue our journey, we will be looking to upgrade our technical environment to utilise the power of cloud and big data.
- Core SQL skills (query and update data)
- Experience in MS Excel
- Experience of data visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI
- Computer Science, other relevant Degree or relevant commercial experience
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
- Ability to create and review SQL code and Stored procedures (MS SQL Server)
- Data Analysis
- Support Ticket Handling
- The ability to work to deadlines, but also to manage your own time and deliverables whilst working on large projects.
- Flexibility to work outside normal hours of 08.30-1700 to provide client support and participate in overseas project meetings as required
- Excellent communication skills, as you will liaise with senior professionals both within EA Technology and with our clients.
- Ability to hunt and fix bugs alongside good problem solving and analysis skills
If you are interested in taking up this exciting challenge, and would like to be considered for the above vacancy, then please send a CV quoting reference number 1240 to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 15th December 2017.