Electronics Product Design Engineer
Reporting to Head of Development
Work arrangement: Permanent / Full-time
Joining a substantial development team with a long track history of producing world-leading products you will have the opportunity to realise your technical and creative ambitions.
Joining a substantial product development team with a long track history of producing world-leading products you will have the opportunity to realise your technical and creative ambitions.
Working within an agile framework you will be exposed to product development from initial conception to full-scale roll-out, providing the unique opportunity to expand your engineering knowledge.
Within your role, you will take primary responsibility being to ensure continuity of supply for the full range of EA products. This will include addressing component obsolescence, manufacturing issues and prioritising/implementing product improvements.
This cross-product supporting role will provide you with a unique insight into our Energy Sector allowing you to make a valuable contribution to new product design where you will
spend the remainder of your time.
- Take a pro-active approach to component obsolescence, identifying alternatives and leading re-designs where necessary
- Ensure product safety & compliance documentation remains up to date following launch
- Manage product maintenance backlog to provide continuous improvements
- Management of product improvement projects to time, spec and budget
- Provide 3rd line engineering support to product support teams
- Be the escalation point of support team to fix any in-field hardware/firmware faults
- Contribute to new product development
- Experience of product development and appreciation of the full development cycle
- A broad experience in electronic design backed by capability to degree level or equivalent standard
- C/C++ to a good standard
- VHDL design experience preferable
- Solid knowledge of designing for and testing for EMC/CE compliance
- Appreciation of Manufacturing processes
- Good communication, project management and documentation skills
- Degree or equivalent experience in Electronics Design
If you are interested in taking up this role and would like to be considered for the above vacancy, please send a CV quoting reference number 1302 here.
Please note – We do not accept unsolicited candidate submissions sent to EA Technology by recruitment agencies/companies by any means. If candidate details are submitted without prior consent then the sender accepts that EA Technology shall have the absolute right to approach and engage these candidates without obligation to third party terms (such as, but not limited to, agency fees and charges), even if those terms and conditions form a part of the details submitted.