Embedded Software Developer
Reporting to Development Team Lead
Work arrangement: Permanent / Full-time
Joining a substantial development team with a long track history of producing world-leading products you will have the opportunity to realise your technical and creative ambitions.
The role will provide the successful candidate with exposure to the full product lifecycle and a chance to expand their engineering knowledge while maintaining focus on coding.
With a range of handheld and remote monitor products, the role will require capability across a wide range of technical areas including high-speed sampling, data processing, communication and security. The current project technology is based around C++ & FreeRTOS, bare metal C and C++ upon Linux with all code executing upon our own bespoke hardware.
The successful candidate will work with a mixed disciple team working within an agile framework to create full commercial products for the Energy Sector.
- Design and development of software solutions for embedded systems
- Bring up of firmware on new hardware platforms developed by EA Technology
- Implement software modules for communication with cloud services from embedded devices
- Deliver robust, reliable, maintainable code in line with quality standards
- Solid C++ skills with experience of C++ 11
- Experience of RTOS including FreeRTOS is essential
- Understanding of low-level protocols (SP1, I2C, RS232, etc) and proven history of implementation in solutions
- Proficient in the use of source control systems (SVN/git)
- Ability to understand integrated circuit data sheets and implement software interfaces according the data sheet
- Experience of programming with ARM Cortex microprocessors
- Use of Keil development environment
- Experience of using Web APIs is highly desirable
- Experience using agile methodologies
- Experience working to quality standards
If you are interested in taking up this role and would like to be considered for the above vacancy, please send a CV quoting reference number 1301 here.
Please note – We do not accept unsolicited candidate submissions sent to EA Technology by recruitment agencies/companies by any means. If candidate details are submitted without prior consent then the sender accepts that EA Technology shall have the absolute right to approach and engage these candidates without obligation to third party terms (such as, but not limited to, agency fees and charges), even if those terms and conditions form a part of the details submitted.