Reporting to: Director – Infrastructure Team
Work arrangement: Permanent / Full-time
EA Technology is a global, independent provider of end-to-end power engineering solutions, supporting customers in managing and operating electrical networks. Based in Cheshire and employee-owned, we are recognised as a world-leading expert in our field, enabling our customers to manage their electricity networks more efficiently, with fewer failures and outages, greater safety and lower costs.
As Enterprise Data Architect, you will head a newly established team and be hands on designing, building and operating our information platform incorporating our data warehouse.
Overview of Main Responsibilities:
• streamlining the data architecture and improving data quality and access to transform EA Technology into a data and information driven enterprise.
• defining our principles for data management and our data strategy as well as co-ordinating efforts that affect the data supporting our unique propositions.
• translating our business needs into functional requirements and to propose, implement, test and maintain a viable and cost-effective data architecture.
• communicating data concepts to a range of stakeholders in a broad technical environment.
• a proven track record in the effective design of data solutions through analysis of business problems and understanding the technical landscape.
• have designed and implemented scaleable and flexible data architectures including experience with major data solutions like Hadoop and NoSQL such as Hive, HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Azure Cosmos DB.
• demonstrate the use of relevant methodologies to support the movement and transformation of data and integration of fragmented datasets including the use of ETL tools such as Informatica, Talend or Pentaho.
• have a strong data manipulation and analytics capability and a firm understanding of major scripting languages like Java, PHP, Ruby, Python and R.
• practical experience of appropriate data governance, compliance and API control.
• specific experience of security associated with network edge devices, communication channels, certificate and credential management.
• experience of GUI design and implementation, system integration and M2M communications.
• Understanding of electricity utilities and smart networks would be an advantage.
A Degree in Data Science, or relevant analytical discipline is required.
• Credible and influential
• Clear analytical thinker with a pragmatic approach
• Able to work creatively and collaboratively in a problem-solving environment;
• Effective in planning, prioritisation and delivering
• Excellent people management skills
If you are interested in taking up this exciting challenge, and would like to be considered for the above vacancy, then please send a CV quoting reference number 1250 to email@example.com by the closing date of 30th April 2018.