Junior Functional Test Engineer
Reporting to: HV5-9s – UltraTEV Quality & Performance
Work arrangement: Permanent / Full-time
Overview of Main Responsibilities:
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented junior functional test engineer to join an established design team developing a wide range of exciting products within the Power Industry.
The role is ideally suited to a junior but talented functional test engineer and will provide opportunity to work with a range of software and hardware products, from instrumentation devices to front end graphical systems.
Although an established development team the specific role of Functional Test Engineer is relatively new and the successful candidate should have the drive and capability to shape this role going forward.
Good GCSE and preferably A-Level (or equivalent) results in relevant areas.
- Designing and implementing robust test programmes for new projects in a methodical manner
- Maintaining and implementing test programmes for existing products
- Produce clear and concise documentation
- Implement test procedure and process improvements
- Managing equipment and safety within test facilities
- Work closely and collaboratively with project teams
Skills / Experience:
- A good general knowledge of software test practices.
- Ability to extract & design test plans from user requirements
- Ability to review and influence technical implementation plans to ensure best practice.
- Confidence to feedback & challenge both developers and stakeholders based on test results.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good written English
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
- Pragmatic, measured and focused approach to software development.
- Take responsibility and ownership of projects & tasks.
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to be flexible and determine changing priorities.
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies.
- Familiarity with software version control, bug tracking software and document management systems (Phabricator, SVN, Sharepoint etc)
- Awareness of electricity industry or control room applications would be advantageous.
If you are interested in taking up this exciting challenge, and would like to be considered for the above vacancy, then please send a CV quoting reference number 1248 to email@example.com by the closing date of 28th February.