Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Reporting to: LV Solutions
Work arrangement: Permanent / Full-time
EA Technology was established in 1966 and has been at the forefront of many technological advances that have reshaped the way electrical distribution networks are managed and run.
EA Technology has become a world leader in electronic products and services which have enhanced the performance, reliability, safety and cost-efficiency of power assets connected to electricity distribution networks.
Currently we are undertaking several exciting development opportunities related to the area of Internet of Things (IoT), under which we are creating an industrial IoT platform serving remote control, monitoring, management and servicing of equipment installed on electricity distribution networks.
We are looking to expand our LV Solutions development team with key specialists to meet the technical challenges in the areas of software, firmware, hardware and cloud based solutions. If you have the drive and ambition to make a difference we would like to hear from you.
- Develop a new portfolio of instrumentation for Electricity Distribution Industry
- Take ownership of the code delivery process through design, documentation and testing
- For the right candidate it is envisaged that they will quickly progress to leading a small team of embedded software engineers, with future progression depending on ability and attitude
- Must have 5+ year’s working experience coding Firmware and or Software
- Be able to modify existing software code if necessary and also write proof of concept applications for various purposes
- Strong embedded programming experience with C is required. C++ experience would be beneficial
- Experience in programming of microcontrollers
- Experience with communication protocols such as CAN bus, Ethernet, UART, Mil1553, I2C
- Experience with ARM processors family
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) is desired
- Linux based programming environment
- TCP/IP communications
- Coding according to QMS (based on recognizable standards)
- Degree or Further Degree in Computing/Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Telematics systems using GPRS communications
- Knowledge of using version control software
If you are interested in taking up this exciting challenge, and would like to be considered for the above vacancy, then please send a CV quoting reference number 1245 to email@example.com.