Reporting to Infrastructure Team
Work arrangement: Permanent / Full-time
To construct electrical and electronic instrumentation and systems to the design and specifications set out by the EA Technology Instruments Design Team. To Test, repair and calibrate the full range of EA Technology instrumentation and to carry out any other reasonable task in order that the instrument delivery team meets its objectives.
Overview of Main Responsibilities
- Assemble and test electrical and electronic products, prototypes and experimental circuitry
- Product inspection, test, diagnostics and repair to component level including surface mount devices
- Carry out basic mechanical engineering tasks
- Design, build and document safe test rigs for production use
- Maintain production, test and non-conformance records
- Assist with the handover of new products from development through to production
- Suggest process and design improvement ideas to continually improve production quality and cost
- Liaise with suppliers when required on production/outsourcing
- Maintain safe working practices (including housekeeping) at all times and challenge unsafe behaviour
- Any other reasonable tasks in order that the instruments delivery team meets its objectives
- Educated to HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or a recognized engineering apprenticeship and appropriate work experience
- Current knowledge of safe engineering practices
- Experience of continuous improvement and lean processes
- Experience of working in an electronics production environment
- Soldering electrical and electronic components to a high standard
- Using hand tools safely and effectively
- Understanding and interpreting engineering drawings, technical specifications and work instructions
- Operating standard electrical and electronic test equipment
- Excel, Word, CRM, MRP.
If you are interested in taking up this exciting challenge, and would like to be considered for the above vacancy, then please send a CV and covering letter quoting reference number 1292 to email@example.com.
Please note – We do not accept unsolicited candidate submissions sent to EA Technology by recruitment agencies/companies by any means. If candidate details are submitted without prior consent then the sender accepts that EA Technology shall have the absolute right to approach and engage these candidates without obligation to third party terms (such as, but not limited to, agency fees and charges), even if those terms and conditions form a part of the details submitted.