Technical Instrumentation Engineer
Reporting to: Commercial Manager – LV Solutions
Work arrangement: Permanent / Full-time
LV Solutions is a business, which brings together an exciting new suite of products providing the basis for Automated Low Voltage Intelligent Networks and fault location.
The LV Solutions business is looking for a Technical Instrument Engineer, who is self-motivated, with good organizational and time management skills.
Overview of Main Responsibilities:
- To prepare all new orders for Cable Sniffer and Test Pens, maintain stock levels of consumables and parts, maintain MRP system and update
- Act as the primary technical engineer for Cable sniffers including the repair and calibration of instruments, planning of all UK calibration and repair activity to meet customer timescales
- Provide on-site support for the ALVIN product range as required
- Good level of verbal and written communication skills
- IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and to use own initiative
- Produce statistical information
- A flexible and positive attitude to innovation and change
Qualifications & Special Aptitudes:
An HNC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent is required.
Must have the ability to:
- Operate a wide range of electrical and electronic test equipment
- To use hand tools effectively and safely
- To solder electrical and electronic components to high standard
- To carry out basic mechanical engineering tasks
- To liaise effectively with external suppliers and customers
- Project Management
If you are interested in taking up this exciting challenge, and would like to be considered for the above vacancy, then please send a CV and covering letter quoting reference number 1236 to email@example.com by the closing date of 15th September 2017.