Transformer Condition assessment services
EA Technology’s Transformer Testing service offers a comprehensive range of diagnostic tests to assess the condition of transformer. Results can be used to identify transformers at risk of failure, to improve performance and extend transformer life.
- A full suite of state-of-the-art tests including fingerprint tests for later comparison of fault or degradation
- Helps avoid expensive failures and downtime
- Provides essential data for cost effective asset management
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced diagnostic engineers
Power transformers are among the most strategically important and expensive components on any network. EA Technology’s Diagnostic Transformer Testing uses the very latest techniques and equipment to accurately assess the condition of these key assets, ensuring optimum performance and identifying potential faults before they lead to failures.
The Transformer Testing includes the following as applicables:
- Tan Delta Testing – to assess condition of transformer major insulation or individual bushings condition and degradation over time
- Sweep Frequency Response Analysis – to locate mechanical defects
- Leakage Reactance – to compare the value to the rating plate
- Turns Ratio – to ensure the basic circuit and that all phases are balanced and any tap changer is working correctly
- Winding Resistance – to assess winding and tap changer contact condition
- Insulation Resistance and Polarization Index – to assess the condition of the insulation as a low power DC test
- PDC-FDS Measurement – to establish moisture levels in solid insulation by direct measurement method and establish oil conductivity
- Partial Discharge Measurement – for early detection of insulation breakdown in cable boxes
- As well as being an essential part of condition based asset management, Transformer Testing should also be undertaken when a new transformer is commissioned as a fingerprint data collection for later comparison, following repairs and to diagnose faults. Regular Transformer Testing, to identify faults early, will minimize expensive replacement costs.
All of the above can also be undertaken for End of Life testing.
Services and Consultancy Line Card USA