EA Technology Australia offer Partial Discharge on-site training courses.
If you are interested in a wider selection of courses please visit our UK based power skills training centre.
A one, or two-day course from the pioneers of Partial Discharge (PD) technology, covering PD theory, PD detection instruments and PD measuring techniques.
Detecting and measuring Partial Discharge activity gives a unique insight into the condition of MV and HV assets without the need for expensive shut downs or invasive testing.
EA Technology pioneered PD theory and has developed an award-winning range of PD detection instruments and condition assessment techniques that help you achieve greater network reliability and prolong asset life, while at the same time greatly enhancing operator safety.
The one-day course will introduce you to PD theory and the instruments used to measure PD in a range of equipment, while the two-day course will cover continuous PD monitoring of critical assets and explaining how to analyse and interpret the data you collect in greater detail.
EA Technology is a world leader in Partial Discharge detection equipment and condition assessment and has won two Queen’s Awards for Innovation for work in this field. EA Technology are at the forefront of Condition Based Risk Management methodologies that rely heavily on PD based asset condition assessments, and apply this unique understanding of the practical applications of PD monitoring to our training.
• Understand the theory underpinning Partial Discharge, its causes and its effects on electrical assets
• Learn how Partial Discharge can be detected
• Understand what causes Partial Discharge within electrical assets and its effects
• Enhance your knowledge of the reasons for taking PD measurements and how to interpret them
• Develop effective non-intrusive condition assessment techniques
• Enhance your practical PD survey skills and knowledge of the methods and equipment used for taking PD measurements
• Enhance your appreciation of the failure mechanisms within electrical assets
• Contribute to safe working by identifying assets at risk of failure
• Deliver cost effective asset life extension through non-intrusive testing
• Save money by identifying potential failures before they happen
• Gain certification of competence to use a range of Partial Discharge detection equipment
• Introduction of partial discharge
• Fault statistics
• Causes of partial discharge
• Categories of partial discharge
• Preventing partial discharge
• Entering HV enclosures
• Physical signs of partial discharge
• TEV detection
• Ultrasonic detection
• GIS and open air substations
• Partial discharge detection in cables
• Background interference
• Test types
• Testing requirements
• Test periods
• Operator competencies
• Using the data
• Risk management
Programme may be subject to amendment