The UltraTEV Monitor™ is part of the Award Winning UltraTEV™ range. It is an advanced asset monitoring and PD Alarm system for 24/7 monitoring of Partial Discharge (PD) activity in all substation assets, including cables.
- Provides valuable information on the actual condition of assets
- Helps mitigate risk of extending the life of ageing switchgear
- Enhances the effectiveness of asset management, resulting in lower cost, higher reliability energy networks
- Reduces unplanned outages
- Increases site safety
- Combines the functions of multiple PD instruments in a single package
Illustrative System Layout
The UltraTEV Monitor™ is the product of EA Technology’s unique experience as a pioneer in the measurement and interpretation of PD activity for nearly 40 years.
Features and Benefits
- Unique external noise cancellation allows it to identify PD in high noise environments
- PD is precision located, eliminating costly investigations
- Flexible system installation and movement with no outage and minimal cabling
- Early detection of asset deterioration, enabling informed preventative measures
- Monitoring of environmental conditions correlates changes in PD with humidity and temperature
- Configurable alarms and notifications allow instant response to deteriorating conditions
- Intuitive web-based management and data analysis system is simple and easy to use
- Intelligent cloud-based solution capable of remotely managing multiple systems
- Capacity for up to 300 individual PD measurement points
- Product options include both fixed and portable systems to suit large or small site requirements
Innovative and totally secure data access from the UltraTEV Monitor™ (available as an option), making costly site visits to view data unnecessary. Our innovative technology ensures that your latest data is always available to you online.
With the UltraTEV™ Cloud, email and SMS notifications can be sent and received worldwide.
Portable UltraTEV™ system:
- for a smaller switchboards
- where flexibility of PD monitoring duration and positioning is key
- for accessible sites where data can be manually collected from the hub
Wall-Mount UltraTEV™ system:
- when monitoring larger switchboards or multiple boards in a substation
- for a permanent installation at a particular site
UltraTEV™ Cloud with either the Portable or Wall Mount UltraTEV™ system:
- where sites have poor or costly access
- allows multiple users to easily access data from many sites
- to allow easy and faster access to data using the Cloud where direct communication is slow and poor
Valuable Condition Data
The ability to gather data on the condition of assets is a key to effective asset management, for example using Asset Investment Management™ (AIM). This is EA Technology’s market-leading methodology of applying a Health Index to each asset, which includes the probability and consequence of its failure; an approach which is proven to improve asset reliability, availability and safety, whilst reducing the overall costs of asset maintenance and replacement.
UltraTEV Monitor Brochure
UltraTEV Monitor Case Study
Learn about Partial Discharge Monitoring
Failure of your high-voltage switchgear and cabling could cost millions in repairs, replacements and fines. But most failures don’t happen in a flash – they can be predicted from warning signs, most notably partial discharge (PD). By watching your cables and switchgear, EA Technology’s Astute HV Monitoring® service can alert you to suspicious spikes and pinpoint which parts of your HV system should be investigated.
Download an information kit today that’s packed with information, including case studies, technical specifications, case studies and service information.