Electrical Energy Storage
We provide specialist technical input from highly experienced engineers, to help you deliver your energy storage project safely, effectively, profitably.
For organisations looking to deploy energy storage, that means:
- Getting a connection to distribution networks from high-level feasibility studies, engaging with DNOs to understand what can be connected and where within the project budget and timescales, through to delivering connection applications
- Helping deliver and manage storage safely through safety case reviews of system specifications and bid documents, highlighting areas of concern and ways of working safely.
- Specialist training on commercial, technical and operational aspects of energy storage.
- Support with supplier identification and selection through market knowledge and detailed review of supplier offerings compared to customer requirements
More widely we:
- Have a history of support dating back to the UK’s first grid-scale storage systems. We still support innovation projects using new technologies, particularly through trial design, client engineering and project management.
- Use our deep understanding of energy storage to support international uptake of energy storage. Such as through recent work for the Brazilian market, reviewing the UK’s experience and making recommendations for Brazil to facilitate energy storage uptake.
- In 2017, we developed and delivered customised training courses for a major energy supplier ensuring their installation teams were competent to install and operate an MW scale lithium battery.
- In 2015 we delivered technical and safety case review of a 3 MW battery for standby power applications for a larger mining operator in sub-Saharan Africa. We provided independent review of the system’s safety and ability to deliver the technical requirements, as well as recommendations on additional safety measures to request from the system supplier.
- Recently delivered market intelligence for a major energy supplier considering the market for offering energy storage services to DNOs. Identified specific opportunities as well as market trends in the sector.
- In 2015 we developed the energy storage Good Practice Guide for the electricity network operators of Great Britain.
Energy Storage Brochure