Industrial Forum for Electrical Engineers
The Industrial Forum – 7th February 2019
Our most recent Industrial Forum was held on the 7th February 2019 at Williams F1 Conference Centre. We would like to thank all of our presenters and delegates for their attendance. Watch this space for the date and venue for the Summer Forum.
The presentations from the day are linked below:
National Equipment Defect Reporting Scheme (NEDeRS): Vincent Hay; Energy Networks Association
Electrical Asset Integrity – Criticality and Risk: Paul Finnegan and Stephen Holmes; EA Technology
Arc Flash Mitigation: Karthik Kothamasu; G&W Electric
Moving from time-based to condition-based HV management: Glen Evans; Tata Steel
Standards update: Tony Byrne; EA Technology
Recent NEDeRS: Tony Byrne; EA Technology
Lessons learned from the deployment of the UltraTEV in Severn Trent Water: Andrew Hall; Severn Trent Water
About the Forum
The Industrial Forum for Electrical Engineers was initiated in 2004 by EA Technology.
The Forum was designed to actively encourage open debate and shape ‘Best Practice’ between UK based Electrical Engineers from a wide range of Industries within the private sector.
The Forum provides an open and friendly environment in which members are encouraged to contribute to discussions on current practices and asset management issues, and continues to be an effective and important platform for cross fertilisation of ideas between engineers from a variety of sectors.
Benefits of membership
- Network with senior engineers from a wide range of industries in a friendly, open environment.
- Gain industry insight first hand from a range of guest speakers from organisations that support and service the high voltage (HV) electricity sector.
- Acquire useful insight on new policies and procedures, new products and services as well as an opportunity to discuss up and coming developments and issues.
- Share ideas, constraints and problems – discuss solutions.
- Interact with members all year round on the groups dedicated LinkedIn Forum.
Examples of topics discussed at the last forum:
- Managing Aging Assets- HSE View
- Aging Assets- forensic results of a failure
- RRRVs and TRVs- buying a new HV switchgear
- Industrial Case Study- Findings from network analysis
SF6- HV Switchgear
- F-gas regulations and training requirements
“The event was very much like a breath of fresh air- very informative and engaging.”
Fergus Sligo-Young, Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust