The UltraTEV Monitor™ is part of the Award Winning UltraTEV™ range. It is an advanced asset monitoring and PD Alarm system for 24/7 monitoring of Partial Discharge (PD) activity in all substation assets, including cables.
- Provides valuable information on the actual condition of assets
- Enhances the effectiveness of asset management, resulting in lower cost, higher reliability energy networks
- Reduces unplanned outages
- Increases site safety
- Combines the functions of multiple PD instruments in a single package
Illustrative System Layout
The UltraTEV Monitor™ is the product of EA Technology’s unique experience as a pioneer in the measurement and interpretation of PD activity for nearly 40 years.
Features and Benefits
- MV switchgear failure reduced by up to 71%
- Cost of installation payback within two years
- Unique external noise cancellation allows it to identify PD in high noise environments
- PD is precision located, eliminating costly investigations
- Flexible system installation and movement with no outage and minimal cabling
- Early detection of asset deterioration, enabling informed preventative measures
- Monitoring of environmental conditions correlates changes in PD with humidity and temperature
- Configurable alarms and notifications allow instant response to deteriorating conditions
- Intuitive web-based management and data analysis system is simple and easy to use
- Intelligent cloud-based solution capable of remotely managing multiple systems
- Capacity for up to 300 individual PD measurement points
- Product options include both fixed and portable systems to suit large or small site requirements
Innovative and totally secure data access from the UltraTEV Monitor™ (available as an option), making costly site visits to view data unnecessary. Our innovative technology ensures that your latest data is always available to you online.
With the UltraTEV™ Cloud, email and SMS notifications can be sent and received worldwide.
Portable UltraTEV™ system:
- for a smaller asset base
- where flexibility of PD monitoring duration and positioning is key
- for accessible sites
Wall-Mount UltraTEV™ system:
- when monitoring multiple panels
- for a permanent installation at a particular site
- for accessible sites
UltraTEV™ Cloud with either the Portable or Wall Mount UltraTEV™ system:
- where sites have poor or costly access
- where good communication links are available and remote communications optimise site asset management
Valuable Condition Data
The ability to gather data on the condition of assets is a key part of the process of upgrading to Condition Based Risk Management™ (CBRM). This is EA Technology’s market-leading methodology of applying a Health Index to each asset, which includes the probability and consequence of its failure; an approach which is proven to improve asset reliability, availability and safety, whilst reducing the overall costs of asset maintenance and replacement.
UltraTEV Monitor Brochure
UltraTEV Monitor Case Study