Lightning Location System
Track and record lightning activity before it affects your assets
EA Technology’s Lightning Location System plots lightning ground strikes in real time, providing vital information for asset managers and safety warnings for personnel.
The EA Technology Lightning Location System clearly distinguishes between strikes that can cause actual damage or danger to life, and strikes such as inter-cloud
Our system which has been in operation for 30 years has allowed our clients access to historical and real-time information about how electrical storms have developed and moved.
The system was originally developed for the UK Electricity Council and is still used by British Standards within BS EN 62305. The system is unique in its focus on these strikes with a very high detection rate and high accuracy strike location (proven to be less than 150m median accuracy)
- Protect personnel at risk in tall structures
- Protect personnel against serious injury and loss of life.
- Deploy repair crews to threatened areas in advance, to reduce downtime
- Receive online lightning information, within seconds of each strike
- Analyse lightning-relate damage for insurance claims
- Allows asset managers to plan for approaching electrical storms
- Historic lightning data can be used to assess the level of strike risk in specific areas, to assist in the design and implementation of appropriate lightning protection measures
- Customised strike data reports are available, for no extra cost for subscribing customers
- Proven detection efficiency exceeding 98% of strikes in the UK and Ireland
- Proven median location accuracy of less than 150m for UK and Ireland, with many strikes located to within 100m of the actual location
- Relays data to subscribers in real time
- Stores over 25 years of lightning data for forensic analysis and to identify areas at high risk
To find out more about Lightning location courses click here
Lightning Location data and display systems brochure