EA Technology offers the City & Guilds level 3 Diploma in Electrical Power Engineering – Transmission and Distribution (2339-45) as both a structured, taught programme and as a distance learning course.
This qualification was developed in association with industry employers and the sector skills council Energy & Utility Skills (EU Skills) and serves as the knowledge component in the Advanced Apprenticeship framework.
It allows candidates to develop the knowledge required for employment and/or career progression in electricity distribution and transmission.
This course is suitable for personnel in a supervisory role or looking to progress into supervisory roles. Candidates should have a good level of maths, typically a GCSE grade C or above. It can also be studied as a progression of learning after completion of the Level 2 qualification.
On successful completion of the course, students could progress on to a Level 4 qualification (HNC).
View full course schedule
The course includes the following seven units:
- Design of plant and apparatus and principles of control systems in the power industry
- Supervising the use of resources in the power industry
- Supervise and maintain safety in a power utility environment
- Employment rights and responsibilities in the energy and utility sector
- Electrical theory and principles in power engineering
- Mathematics in power engineering
- Mechanical theory and principles in power engineering
Further information about the credits, timing and assessment of each unit can be found in the attached PDF course document.
The qualification provides a comprehensive foundation for careers in the power industry
- It has been developed and is recognised by leading employers within the industry
- The course provides flexible workforce development designed to fit around normal operational activities
- Comprehensive learning materials are supported by online tutorials and assistance from industry and academic tutors
Course duration: 18-24 months
EA Technology are accredited members of the CPD certification service. This course counts towards your planned CPD requirements.