As a leading centre for forensic investigation of switchgear failure, our courses apply and illustrate a range of relevant subject matter. We have extensive expertise in switchgear engineering, asset management, safe working practices and safety rule compliance.
A Technology are the technical authors of the Health and Safety Executive publication ‘HSG 230 – Keeping Electrical Switchgear Safe’ and as such, are uniquely placed to explain how to utilise this guidance document to manage switchgear assets safely.
This course will allow delegates to better understand their responsibilities and duties with regard to electrical switchgear and how to meet them, with practical advice and examples.
• Gain knowledge to help improve safety and enhance the reliability of switchgear
• Receive practical guidance to interpret the HSG guidelines for executing and managing safe switchgear systems
• Improve the reliability of switchgear assets
• Understand key responsibilities and compliance with the latest regulations and legal obligationsA common sense understanding of the what, why and how of asset management
• What effective asset management can actually achieve within organisations
• An appreciation of how it may be integrated with existing systems for management and maintenance of physical assets
• The importance of asset information, the different types of information that are widely available and the way in which it can be used to inform effective decision making
• Options for dealing with poor asset performance
• The concept of asset lifecycle, what that means in real terms and how it is affected by organisation specific factors